A beautiful smile can boost your confidence and even help you make a great first impression. Maintaining healthy teeth and gums requires regular dental care, such as routine dental cleanings. At Valley Ridge Family Dental, we offer thorough and comfortable dental cleanings to help your smile maintain optimal health and beauty. In today’s blog, your Des Moines dentist, Dr. Jessica Johnson, uses a fun and informative quiz to discuss the importance of dental cleanings.
Dental Cleaning Quiz
1. True or False: You should undergo a dental cleaning once every six months.
2. True or False: Dental cleanings help brighten your smile.
3. True or False: Dental cleanings aid in the prevention of gum disease.
4. True or False: A routine cleaning helps your breath stay fresh.
Dental Cleaning Quiz Answer Key
1. True. According to the American Dental Association, adults and older children should receive a routine dental cleaning twice a year. Regular cleanings help reduce the risks of tooth decay and gum disease, protecting and preserving your smile.
2. True. During a dental cleaning, our hygienists will polish your teeth, brightening your smile by removing minor discoloration.
3. True. A dental cleaning allows your Des Moines IA general dentist and our dedicated hygienists to remove the layers of plaque buildup from your teeth. Plaque irritates the gums, causing the inflammation that eventually leads to gum disease. Periodontal disease causes sore and swollen gums that bleed easily, bad breath, and loose teeth. A cleaning helps prevent gum disease, safeguarding your smile.
4. True. Removing the plaque from your teeth also has an added bonus of keeping your breath fresh. Bacteria first begin creating plaque as they break down stray food particles. This process also releases a foul odor. A cleaning helps your breath remain fresh and clean.
Schedule a Visit with Your Des Moines IA General Dentist
Do you need to schedule a dental cleaning? If you would like you make an appointment, contact your Des Moines IA general dentist, Dr. Johnson, today. Dr. Johnson and our team of talented dental hygienists will clean and polish your teeth, improving the health and appearance of your smile. Call our 50266 dentist office at 515-223-9764 for more information. We welcome patients from West Des Moines, Waukee, Clive, and nearby Des Moines metro communities.