Are you self-conscious about your smile? Do you hide your teeth behind your hand or a shy grin? If so, cosmetic dentistry can transform your smile and boost your confidence. To learn more about cosmetic procedures, try your hand at the questions below from your Des Moines IA dentist, Dr. Jessica Johnson.
Take the Quiz
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix almost any type of cosmetic problem.
- True or False: The dark pigments in soda, coffee, red wine, and tea can stain your teeth.
- True or False: A chipped tooth can be repaired with the same material used in metal-free dental fillings.
Check Your Answers
- False. It is inaccurate to say the porcelain veneers fix cosmetic problems. What they actually do is mask or hide problems. Although, many people think that this amounts to the same thing, it is a fine distinction worth noting. Because they mask rather than fix or repair problems, porcelain veneers offer a quick solution to many cosmetic blights including yellow teeth, crooked teeth, gaps, crowding, and damaged teeth.
- True. Overexposure to dark pigments like the ones mentioned above can discolor your teeth, leaving them with a dull or yellow appearance. To remove these stains, you can receive teeth whitening treatment from your Des Moines IA cosmetic dentist, Dr. Johnson. The whitening agents used in teeth whitening treatment can remove these stains and brighten your teeth several shades.
- True. When a chipped tooth is repaired with the same material used in a white filling, the process is called dental bonding. The material used is a composite resin. It is tooth-colored and durable and allows your Des Moines IA cosmetic dentist, Dr. Johnson, to shape it so that it restores the appearance of the damaged tooth.
Schedule a Visit with Your Des Moines IA Cosmetic Dentist
Do you need a cosmetic procedure to enhance your smile? Contact your Des Moines IA cosmetic dentist, Dr. Johnson, today by calling 515-223-9764 to schedule an appointment. Our 50266 dentist office welcomes patients from West Des Moines, Waukee, Clive, and nearby Des Moines metro communities.